Labels

Thursday 27 October 2011

Paper

Eva Nyiri
Issey Miyake





The journey of the paper project made me look into the relationship of the human form to the garment, for the process of the final piece I began to work with the human form having a basic silhouette which was later evolved into these exaggerated shapes and structures for the silhouette. The work of Eva Nyiri sparked much of the interest with the relationship between the human form and the silhouette, her way of distorting parts of the human form to add masculinity is contrasted to feminine qualities of flowing skirts is something I wanted to take into this garment. The qualities of the paper I used are strong so the emphasis of the fold is highly visible, by producing the fold I was able to add several layers on top of each other distorting the human form, forming some irregular shapes.
Reviewing the garment now I know this could have been pushed further, I had the opportunity to really explore shape, the work of Issey Miyake shows careful consideration to the silhouette having less folds but the scale of the paper is far greater which emphasises the shape greater, this is something I should consider for the future

No comments: